Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cheese Cake

There's a Cheese Cake Factory waaaaaaaaaaay too close in proximity to my home. In other news, I've only gained one pound (due only to my dwindling will power to avoid cheesecake factory). I did Zumba today and got through the whole class. I'm eleven weeks along and have an ultrasound scheduled not this Friday, but next. Nicholas' birthday is tomorrow, and I have no idea what we'll be doing, but i'll figure it out and if nothing else will just be sweet to him tomorrow. i watched myself in my the mirror in class thinking how i looked the fattest and most out of shape of any of them- including most the old ladies. I attribute this to the belly which, at this point, isn't quite maternity clothes ready and is also horrible looking in regular clothes. i hate those pre-belly months where you just look like a fatty. flossing and make up have been going well. although the make up doesn't make me feel as good as I'd hoped. Sorry if I seem a bit bla. Nicholas woke up an hour early from his nap SCREAMING. He later told me his mouth hurt, so I gave him some Tylenol and hope that helps. I watched a discovery health series last night on obese women giving birth. One got gestational diabetes, one absolutely could not progress labor along (they had to do an internal monitor of the baby's heart rate b/c you couldn't hear it through her layers of fat and they kept having to give her extra-human doses of petocin. 36 hours of labor later, they did a c section), and another who i watched them tape her back fat away in what looked like an experiment in duct tape prom dresses so that they could insert the damned epidural needle. Needless to say I pledge to my fetus not to eat potatoes for the next 9 months. I will request curly fries as a post delivery treat. Holy crap. anyway, motivation for the day is- i want to look good doing zumba again one day.

i've got to get my eyebrows waxed, mow the yard, and get my haircut before matthew gets home in September. I miss him le tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment