Monday, August 10, 2009

ohhhh it's Monday

So it's Monday, and I find myself trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. I watched wifeswap and this huge bitchy woman and her fat miserable husband got traded with the fitness husband and wife team who runs the Dallas Cowboys cheer camps. It occurred to me I'm flabbily in the middle of the two. I'm pretty productive, relatively pretty, kind of self-sacrificing. Not really anything exceptional. So I decided I would blog through this pregnancy. You see, I have a beautiful two year old- well he will be two on the 20th, and I'm pregnant with number two. I've decided to use the real numbers to make this blog especially real and painful because I fear I won't be honest with you if I don't. So here I am. Day 1. I pledge to give you my honest weight. When I got pregnant with Nick, I was at 135. I was by no means where I wanted to be then, but I felt pretty good about the things I wore. I was a size 8. I gained 50 pounds with Nicholas (you do the math, okay. I refuse to type in that I weighed that much). It is my goal to lose 1 pound after the birth of the second baby. I figure in order to do that, I'll need to gain a total of 19 pounds during the pregnancy. Yeah that's about 11 less than last time.

So here are the goals
1) eat at least 1 vegetable today (i'm already good on the fruit front)
2) reduce carbohydrates and starches, esp. potato products that are, in fact, the devil
3) be an awesome high energy mom for my son by keeping myself "healthy"
4) gain only 19 pounds during the pregnancy
5) listen to my husband- the army fitness guru
6) floss.
7) wear makeup 5 days a week and wash my face every day.

So tonight the plan is to attend cardio kickboxing at 6:30, but I"m not sure how realistic it is. Nicholas hasn't been to the Y in about a week, and I always get nervous about him adjusting after he's been gone for a while. 6:30 is also usually when we lay around, veg out, have a snack and some m-i-l-k, and get ready for bed. But the Y's class schedules are less than compatible with my schedule, and it's clear to me that if I want to change my life I am going to need to change my eating habits, my way of thinking of food, and most certainly my schedule. So I'll let you know how it turns out. It is my intention to write you whenever I am craving something delightful. You understand this means we will be chatting a lot, I'm sure.

Well, it's 444, and I'm going to get things prepared. Wish me luck... we've got a long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment